Our mission is to produce excellent transportation seating products with impeccable service that exceeds customer expectations. This shall be accomplished in an atmosphere promoting continuous improvement and innovation of our products, and personal growth for our employees.
Freedman Seating Company employs 600+ people in production/manufacturing, engineering, sales and other administrative roles. Of all employees, 75% live in the city of Chicago, as do both the CEO and Chairman. We are most proud that minorities and women make up 85% of our workforce, reflecting racial and gender diversity.
We are committed to keep manufacturing in Chicago and strengthening the industry for growth and sustainability. Strong partnerships with schools and community and employment organizations are critical to these efforts.
Some of our partners include:
Albany Park Community Center
- A Safe Haven
- Austin College and Career Academy
- Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Austin Coming Together
- Bottom Line
- Business and Career Services, Inc.
- CARA Chicago
- Catholic Charities
- Chicago Cares
- Chicago Commons
- Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership
- Chicago Resiliency Network / Corporate Coalition of Chicago
- Chicago Women in Trades
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- City Colleges of Chicago
- Goodwill Chicago
- Greater West Town Training Partnership
- Greater NW Chicago Development Corporation
- Howard Area Community Center
- Institute for Nonviolence Chicago
- Jane Addams Resource Corporation
League of American Bicyclists
- Manufacturing Renaissance
- Manufacturing Connect
- Oak Park River Forest Chamber of Commerce
- READI Chicago / Heartland Alliance
- Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
- Safer Foundation
- Salvation Army
- Symbol Training Institute
- US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- West Side Forward
- Westside American Job Center
- Westside Health Authority
- Women Employed
Freedman Seating is proud to be a community partner in education and training in manufacturing. As we continue to grow and add jobs, we firmly believe that these efforts will not only benefit us, creating a larger, highly skilled workforce available to hire, they will also ensure that Chicago’s manufacturing industry is perpetually sustainable.
Investing in our people.
Freedman Seating is committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. In 2015 and 2016, we made substantial investments in the infrastructure of our offices, factory, and amenities, including a new workout facility.
Partnering with Trodo, we are elevating employee potential through individual and team development, and group-based functional fitness programming. In the first six months of the program, over 100 employees signed up for and attended weekly group training classes; many more take advantage of open gym times.
Together, we’re working towards a healthier, happier lifestyle.
- Group fitness classes
Freedman Seating is proud to be recognized as a Bronze-level Bicycle Friendly Business by the League of American Bicyclists. Learn more.
Freedman cares about making the best seat on the market, but we also take pride in our philanthropic and extra-curricular activities. Our employees, families, friends and industry partners come together on several occasions throughout the year to participate in following events:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer
- Chase Corporate Challenge
- Hustle Up The Hancock
- Feed My Starving Children
- Annual Summer Company Picnic
- Annual Soccer Tournament
- Annual Softball Tournament
- Food Truck Friday’s
- Manufacturing Day Celebration
- Annual Health Fair + Free Flu Shots