Our mission is to produce excellent transportation seating products with impeccable service that exceeds customer expectations. This shall be accomplished in an atmosphere promoting continuous improvement and innovation of our products, and personal growth for our employees.
Freedman Seating Company employs 900 people in production/manufacturing, engineering, sales and other administrative roles. This includes nearly 300 jobs created since 2011. Of all employees, 75% live in the city of Chicago, as do both the CEO and Chairman. We are most proud that minorities and women make up 85% of our workforce, reflecting racial and gender diversity.
We are committed to keep manufacturing in Chicago and strengthening the industry for growth and sustainability. Strong partnerships with schools and community and employment organizations are critical to these efforts.
Some of our partners include:
- Austin College and Career Academy
- Austin Chamber of Commerce
- Austin Coming Together
- Bottom Line
- Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- City Colleges of Chicago
- READI Chicago / Heartland Alliance
- Skills for Chicagoland’s Future
- Safer Foundation
- Jane Addams Resource Corporation
- Manufacturing Renaissance
- Manufacturing Connect
- Oak Park River Forest Chamber of Commerce
- CARA Chicago
- Catholic Charities
- Chicago Commons
- Chicago Women in Trades
- Howard Area Community Center
- Goodwill Chicago
- Greater West Town Training Partnership
- West Side Forward
- Salvation Army
- Symbol Training Institute
- US Dept. of Veterans Affairs
- Westside American Job Center
- Westside Health Authority
Freedman Seating is proud to be a community partner in education and training in manufacturing. As we continue to grow and add jobs, we firmly believe that these efforts will not only benefit us, creating a larger, highly skilled workforce available to hire, they will also ensure that Chicago’s manufacturing industry is perpetually sustainable.
Investing in our people.
Freedman Seating is committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. In 2015 and 2016, we made substantial investments in the infrastructure of our offices, factory, and amenities, including a new workout facility.
Partnering with Trodo, we are elevating employee potential through individual and team development, and group-based functional fitness programming. In the first six months of the program, over 100 employees signed up for and attended weekly group training classes; many more take advantage of open gym times.
Together, we’re working towards a healthier, happier lifestyle.
- Group fitness classes
Freedman cares about making the best seat on the market, but we also take pride in our philanthropic and extra-curricular activities. Our employees, families, friends and industry partners come together on several occasions throughout the year to participate in following events:
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer
- Chase Corporate Challenge
- Hustle Up The Hancock
- Feed My Starving Children
- Annual Summer Company Picnic
- Annual Soccer Tournament
- Annual Softball Tournament
- Food Truck Friday’s
- Manufacturing Day Celebration
- Annual Health Fair + Free Flu Shots