Light and airy to satisfy weight restrictions and ensure a smooth ride, yet durable for years of service and low maintenance.
Freedman Seating Feather Weight seats are the most severely tested in the company’s history, and meet all applicable federal motor vehicle safety standards for strength and safety (including 210 for seat belts). Less weight means one thing to bus builders and operators: they can get more passengers per bus. And when we say more passengers, we mean more happy passengers.
Cross-country or cross town, the Freedman Feather Weight Hi-Back will get you there in safety and comfort. The headrest actually cradles your head, and provides unrestricted viewing. The ultra-thin backrest gives outstanding support and creates more hip-to-knee room than any other seat in its class. The steel frame system meets or exceeds all applicable government standards for safety and durability. And, it’s light as a feather!
FMVSS/CMVSS Notice California residents see Prop 65 WARNINGS.
Download the Feather Weight Hi-Back Brochure
- Meets FMVSS 207/210 (All 2pt seat compliance is dependent on the baseframe & legs)
- An ulta-thin backrest for added hip-to-knee room and lumbar support
- Molded polyurethane seat and back cushions for comfort and long lasting support
- 17 1/2″ wide seat cushions
- Wire mesh-grid seat springs for even support
- Transit style-rigid backrests (starting weight without options – 45 1/2 lbs.)
- Touring style-reclining backrests (starting weight without options – 50 1/2 lbs.)
- Covers that can be removed and replaced easily and without the use of special tools
- Black molded U.S. Arms or upholstered flip-up armrests
- Mesh Map Pockets
- Vertical Stitching
- FTA Foam
- Snack Trays
- Aluminum folding footrests
- Pillow seat cushions
- Pillow Headrests
- Side Sliders
- Cup Holders
- Rear row quick disconnect
- Side Corner Grab Rails